Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Outlander Final Review and Next Read

So I have finally finished Outlander and right away I would give it a B-. I wanted to rate it in this way because I was an interesting read and a great idea but it did have quite a lot of slow parts to it making it difficult to get through. It seemed to make up for most of the slow part with periods of intense heart pounding pages and at some points I wanted to scream or even cry. I do not want to spoil the book and so I will not tell you anything about the story beyond what I have already in my previous post except that the ending seemed appropriate and left the reader guessing just a little bit. I do recommend this book to those who are looking for an interesting read but this is a book that can be put on the back burner if there is something better that you have been waiting to get your hands on. If you like unexpected twists and romantic triangles I think you will like Outlander.
My next read is Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I have already purchased it on my android Kindle app and I started it over the weekend. Cari has already finished this one and has also posted a review on her blog at. Check it out. Going off her review I already agree with her in that getting the imagery of the characters in my head is difficult because Cashore describes so many at once. It is also hard to imagine family lines when she explains them. I feel that she is quick and I have trouble following but other than that I like it so far. I have not gone far enough to get some background on the main character and I am hoping the book will get to that. It seems like a very different writing style and it takes some getting used to. This is also a quick read for someone who is looking for something to last them a week or two, but sometimes that makes it seem over too quick. I felt that way with Hunger Games and I had to search for something else to feed my “reading withdraws.”

No comments:

Post a Comment